RE: Options for poorly performing SQL

From: Coll-Barth, Michael <Michael.Coll-Barth_at_VerizonWireless.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 10:24:21 -0500

[mcb >]
> Oracle - EE 11.2.0.2
> OS - SUSE11

> They refuse to even look at the statement because
> it is dynamically created in the application using javaScript. Not
knowing
> javaScript, I'm not sure why it makes a difference. Perhaps other
> dynamically created statements would benefit from changes here as
well.

I suspect that what they are doing is building the SQL code based on choices that are being made on a web site. I've done enough of those. What I did to greatly improve performance was to build a proc and then call it with passed parms. Even without the proc, just using bind variables will improve response time.