RE: new database server build - sanity check

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 06:16:55 -0800 (PST)

No.. in fact it was me who raised the question. It seems then, that the best use for the snapshot would be if I wanted to make a copy which didn't have to be kept up-to-the-minute, and run this as a separate database.. like for reporting. Or move it off to another system. Or, possibly during a maintenance window when all users are off the system, and I'm making a change.. then the snapshot could be part of the rollback strategy.

-ck

**

Yes,  I know this,
see comment to Ryan.  I was not
suggesting that it was a backup solution.
Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546
--