RE: Partition LUNs for Oracle ASM

From: Walker, Jed S <Jed_Walker_at_cable.comcast.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:28:15 +0000

Thank you everyone for the input. It seems that I can run with or without a partition; however, for performance reasons it is best to partition the disk or LUN and then use it for performance reasons. Also, it is best to leave the disk owned by root and make the partition owned by the appropriate user (e.g. grid, oracle, etc.) I'm going to do a bit more reading on alignment now as I've heard different opinions on that.