Re: CANCELLING analyze jobs

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:44:22 +0530

Hi Howard,
when you say analyze job you mean the auto task schedule for default stats gather routine or is it custom job?. either ways there are two controls available.

control 1: you could set a fixed window for the job. the default window is 4 hours on weekdays and 6 hours on saturday and 20 hours on sunday. this can be changed if you want. if it is a custom job, developers could create a own window with a duration and would be killed if it exceeds the window.IIRC there is an option to say auto kill if it exceeds the duration when the job is created

control2: you could stop the running job using stop_job with force option or if you want, you could disable the job before it is in run state.. stop job requires manage scheduler privilege.

hope it helps

best regards

sriram kumar