Re: Database creation question

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:36:06 -0900

Thanks for all the replies! I've spent more time reviewing the Oracle license agreement lately than I ever have in the past. We are licensed for a lot of extras, and we do need Oracle Text for at least one of our applications, so if that ever becomes a for cost option, I'm sure we'll purchase it, too.

We, too, typically use dbca to create the scripts, then use those scripts to create additional databases. However, I'm finding dbca to be pretty quick and easy to use and am considering changing the way we do things....

Based on the responses, I decided to install Oracle Text, and keep APEX as is. I don't want to uninstall something that Oracle suggests installing, and I don't like the invalid objects in a new database.

  • Maureen