Re: Huge Archive generation causing instance to hang

From: Lei Zeng <leizeng2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 22:42:16 -0800 (PST)

Would you please try DBspeed? It has a documented case study for this issue. http://dbspeed.com/case_study/top_redo_generator.html

As long as you have AWR and ASH data collected, you can use DBspeed to help you dig out the problem SQL statement which caused huge archived log generation.

DBspeed  http://dbspeed.com/index.html  One year free trial. There are some case studies on the website. It can help you understand AWR and ASH data.

Regards,
Lei

 From: Apps DBA <dbaorapps_at_gmail.com> To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; ora-apps-dba_at_freelists.org Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:00 AM Subject: Huge Archive generation causing instance to hang

Hi Gurus,
I am a newbie in reading AWR and concluding the issue lies at some point. Would require your advice in knowing where the issue lies during my production hung due to high archive generation today? Basically, redo generation bumped up caused the alerting mechanism to fail resulting in instances hung state. Please help me in understanding and analyzing the AWR report.

Thanks,
RK

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jan 08 2013 - 07:42:16 CET

Original text of this message