RE: Semi-OT: Recommendation for laptop/workstation replacment to run VMs ?

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 12:08:29 -0600

Right - the question stems from the thought:

"If I put the OS on the SSD [the most expensive drive with finite write cycles], how do I separate the OS specific "stuff" such as the "Libraries" and the temp file generation off the OS partition?"

I need to read up on that - basically I understand that when separating the OS/apps onto the SSD you need to fix the OS so that it isn't writing a lot of temporary/short term stuff to that drive.

Chris