Oracle clusterware related question

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:41:48 -0400

Folks,
I have a three-node Oracle RAC running with Grid version 11.2.0.3. So, far there is no database created and only CRS is running on all nodes. I am using NFS for everything (binaries, OCR & voting disk and database files). Each server has two 10GbE NICs for dNFS. The binaries, OCR and voting disks are on an aggregated link (two 1GbE NIC). The OS is Solaris 10.

While doing destructive testing to validate configuration and to observe behavior in extreme scenarios, when we pulled cables on one RAC server from both NICs that are part of the aggregated link for the binaries, voting disk and OCR, I was expecting that because CRS would not be able to access the voting disks on that node to update its status, clusterware would eject that node from the cluster. The "crsctl status resource -t" command from the other nodes kept showing that the node was still part of the cluster. I am trying to understand this behavior and would appreciate if someone can explain it.

Thanks

Amir