CVE-2012-1675: installing patch for bug 12880299

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:01:09 +0200

Hi all,

env:
2 node RAC 11.2.0.3.2 on RHEL 5.7

Following note 1340831.1, I installed the patch for bug 12880299 and I noticed that the remote node was patched during the installation of the patch on the database OH on the first node.

Verifying the update...

Patching in rolling mode.

Updating nodes '<node2>'

[...]

These are the installation instructions:

To install the patch, follow these steps: Note: In case of an Oracle RAC environment, perform these steps on each of the nodes.
[...]

4. Install the patch by running the following command from the Oracle home of Oracle Grid Infrastructure:

$ opatch apply -oh <GI_HOME> -local <path_to_patch_location>

        Note: If you are applying this patch to a database home, then run the following command from the Oracle home of the Oracle Database:

$ opatch apply

So, the installation on both GI homes went well, the installation on the DB home on the second node fails because the patch is already installed
(while the Oracle instance on the second node was running).

Everything seems fine for now, but I'm wondering am I missing something or the instructions in the readme file are not precise?

Thanks
Dimitre