Re: Best option for moving database of server

From: Oliver <ofabelo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:29:58 +0100

It is all in local physical hard disks, it isn't a important database, it is a testing environment for datawarehouse. I ask about it because I'm not a dba, but I do things of dba :-) (I'm sysadmin) I have many knowledge of Oracle (I think), but I'm not a expert. Downtime is not a problem, but I like do the things well and quick, and I'm asking to you the experts.
First thing that I will do is install oracle 10g (10.2.0.1), install 10.2.0.5 patchset (as source database) and I had thought read about cloning database.
Source database is in archive mode, but I don't know very well how to recovery using rman backup, I've worked more with exp/imp or expdp/impdp. Thanks beforehand.