Re: NIC binding vs IPMP for RAC interconnect

From: Senthil Subramanian <skumar.sen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:34:27 -0400

In a RAC system, you should take advantage of both SPOF and load balancing for your interconnects. The NIC bonding or teaming called link aggregation on Solaris platform. IPMP can only provide failover capability. However, on the other hand, NIC bonding(LA) can provide both load balancing and failover capabilities.

+Senthil

Sent from my iPad