Re: exadata role separation between gi and dbms

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:08:47 +0100

Freek,
I've seen all sorts of systems, but I most definitely prefer those where *no * oracle environment variables are set by default in the profile so that oraenv or some other environment script has to be run before doing anything.

I also would prefer to separate the clusterware user from the grid user, because even if there isn't a formal separation of duties then at least having to logon (or su) to some other account helps the grey matter notice the context switch.

I rather like grid control, but have found that it really doesn't like multiple software home owners unfortunately (12c not tested for this) and you get a number of bugs or config steps as a result of the different uid for files or scripts.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info