RE: exadata role separation between gi and dbms

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:44:41 +0200

Andy,

Yes, I'm using multiple homes on non-exadata systems. But I normally use a different os user for each home and preset the env variables in the bash_profile instead of using oraenv. I have found this minimizes the chance on "oopses" where for instance a database is started under the wrong home.

Kind regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator