scripts to parse oracle 10046 trace files?

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:42:15 -0500

I am looking for scripts people have on the internet. I know about the hotsos application. I am primarily looking for scripts to parse 10046 traces that do more than tkprof. One issue with tkprof is that I can't see the explain plan and the row source by row source logical and physical IOs until the query is done. Before I go off and write my own scripts I was wondering if there are any on that either do the following (or anything else useful that I am not thinking of).
-- can generate an explain plan with row source by row source metrics on a
sql that is already running.
-- can sum up the events, timings, number of blocks hit ,etc.. for a query
that is still running. So I can generate reports while long running queries are still running
-- can pull out bind variables from trace files for each sql.
  • does the trace file have the sql_id or hash_value? I have not been able to find it.
  • anything else that you find useful.

I would be interested in scripts that parse other oracle trace files just so I can see what people are doing.

I have one other question that is slightly off topic, but I didn't want to send too many emails. Is there a good way to trace a query that using run using a parallel hint? This opens up multiple sessions. So if I trace my current session, I only get my current session. I can trace these other session, but it will be after the query starts. anyway to trace all the parallel slaves from the moment they start without turning on tracing for the whole database?