Re: creating db using dbca not seeing pop-up screens

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 20:41:05 +0530

Well during one of database upgrade, I used VNC and dbca without any problems...
pop-up screens you are not able to see can it be because of memory and bandwidth.
yes, and if memory and bandwidth are issues I will also have opted response file and silent mode installation, like Alan and Niall has suggested. Actually this type installation is bit faster as pop screens and other responses are not required...
if an error is cropped you can check the log file..

thanks and take care..subodh

On 2 December 2011 20:23, Dustin Hayden <DHayden_at_sprich.com> wrote:

> Use a different xsession client.
> Had a similar problem and had to switch clients to get it to work.

TRUTH WINS AT LAST, DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY