simple platform independent scripting language (now using Shell Scripts on *NIX)

From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:51:15 +0100

Hi

I am not an experienced programmer so I am searching for something simple. In the past years I did all my scripting needs with Bash (Shell Script) scripts and SQL*Plus. Now more and more Windows platforms, so Bash doesn't work anymore.

What simple scripting language do you recommend me that runs on Windows and UNIX? No Perl, it's too complicated. Scripts are mostly in combination with SQL*Plus.

cheers
Sven