Re: unix Ksh script variable

From: Martijn Bos <maboc_at_maboc.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:03:54 +0100

Hi,

My idea for your question
Can't you use:
echo $usr

My idea for a sligthly different approach:

I would not define all the variables in the script itself. If it was up to me I would create a "config-file" which looks like: <sid1>:<user-to-login-with1>:<password-for-this-user1> <sid2>:<user-to-login-with2>:<password-for-this-user2>

Then in your script loop through the config-file. With awk you can get alle the variables you need for connecting

Best Regards,
Martijn Bos

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 07:55:04PM -0800, A Joshi wrote:
> hi
> I have a script which is to be executed on many databases and different databases have different log in users/password. Login needs to be chosen based on parameter passed so if the parameter passed is 1 it needs to choose user1 and so on. I will be doing sqlplus $usr_at_$DB and need usr to have the value sys in this case and so on
> it is something like -
> user1=sys
> user2=system
> user3=emp
> pw1=x
> pw2=xx
> pw3=xxx
> #number=$1
> number=1
> us=user
> usr=$us$number
> export user1 user2 user3 number us usr
> export pw1 pw2 pw3
> echo $user1
> I tried in below ways but it is not working
> echo $usr
> export $usr ="$user1"
> echo $usr
>
> echo ${!$usr}