Re: list of hosts used by oracle for EM patching

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:33:38 -0800 (PST)

Niall,

How about just allow the entire *.oracle.com domain? The llnw.net comes into the picture because oracle-updates.oracle.com may resolve to IP's managed by the Limelight Networks company (see Note:816117.1 but ignore the suggested solution). I think it's silly to open up to the entire domain of llnw.net because of this. It's true Oracle sometimes uses other domains such as oracleimg.com (for images). But EM doesn't need to contact any server on that domain.

Regarding the proxy setting, Note:1151893.1 may help. But I have no real experience.

Yong Huang

  • Original message ----- does anyone have a list of oracle's hosts for which communication is required for EM patching and provisioning to work correctly. I have
https://updates.oracle.com
https://loginadc.oracle.com
https://support.oracle.com

as provided by support. Today we've discovered first of all aru-llnw.oracle.com and now aru-llnw-dl.oracle.com - I imagine there maybe more. Not unreasonably my client is asking for a complete list of changes to the firewall to be made - oracle do have a note asking us to trust *. llnw.net but looking at http://uk.limelightnetworks.com/customers.htm that doesn't seem reasonable either to me or to the network guys.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

p.s. If I could get the proxy to work in practice rather than just on the test proxy page I'd be laughing..
p.p.s and they made me apply 410mb! of patches even though it was clearly a comms issue. grrrrrrr

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jan 22 2011 - 12:33:38 CST

Original text of this message