list of hosts used by oracle for EM patching

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:15:59 +0000

Good morning/afternoon/evening all

does anyone have a list of oracle's hosts for which communication is required for EM patching and provisioning to work correctly. I have

https://updates.oracle.com
https://loginadc.oracle.com
https://support.oracle.com

as provided by support. Today we've discovered first of all aru-llnw.oracle.com and now aru-llnw-dl.oracle.com - I imagine there maybe more. Not unreasonably my client is asking for a complete list of changes to the firewall to be made - oracle do have a note asking us to trust *. llnw.net but looking at http://uk.limelightnetworks.com/customers.htm that doesn't seem reasonable either to me or to the network guys.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

p.s. If I could get the proxy to work in practice rather than just on the test proxy page I'd be laughing..
p.p.s and they made me apply 410mb! of patches even though it was clearly a comms issue. grrrrrrr

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jan 21 2011 - 07:15:59 CST

Original text of this message