Named user license for Oracle

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_Xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:46:32 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the named user licensing in Oracle database works and would like to know if I have the right understanding. Based on what I know, named user licenses are based on the number of concurrent user connections that are allowed to connect to a database. For example, if a web application connects to an Oracle database under the same database username and there are twenty users of that web applications then a minimum of 20 user licenses will be required? Also, it seems that the parallel processes and the job queue processes also show up in the status that V$LICENSE reports.

Thank you

Amir