Re: ORACLE 10g DG Synch Up issues (FAL Redo Shipping Client Did Not Establish Network Login)

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 07:27:12 -0800 (PST)

have you ensured that your fal_server and fal_client are setup correctly on both the primary and the standby
on primary
fal_server would be the standby
fal_client would be primary

 on standby
fal_server would be the primary
fal_client would be standby

 if using tnsnames rather than full connect string then make sure tnsnames.roa is full accessible and/or TNS_ADMIN is setup on startup

example of how fal_server/client should look like

fal_server                           string
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=abc)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=abc_XPT)(SERVER=dedicated))),