RE: Why is Oracle unaffordable?

From: RP Khare <passionate_programmer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 18:02:37 +0530

It is neither the question of cheap developers or expensive DBAs, the question was about the cost and user-friendliness of the product. With almost same features, one is costing much more than the other. In my original post I wrote how BerkelyDB's licensing is fr more expensive than similar products (don't include M$ if you are irritated with it).

Until and unless Oracle comes out with a GUI to manage administration easily, people will praise the black screen because there is no option.