Export error in 10.2.0.4 database stating temp tablespace is offline but it's not

From: Jason Khym <jrkhym_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 05:26:38 -0400

My apologies for not including the tablespace information. Tablespace is a true temporary tablespace . It is a Locally Managed Tablespace.

I also forgot to mention that this problem started after our database server paniced due to a null pointer condition in the driver for our encrypted volumes(we use a Voremtric solution for encrypting data at rest). Since we were in a VCS cluster the service grop failover to the secondary node. Oracle did crash recovery on the secondary node and opened without errors. Well except this error in the exp started afterwards.

1* select * from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name='TEMP' SQL> /

TABLESPACE_NAME                BLOCK_SIZE INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT
MIN_EXTENTS MAX_EXTENTS
  • ----------- PCT_INCREASE MIN_EXTLEN STATUS CONTENTS LOGGING FOR EXTENT_MAN ALLOCATIO PLU SEGMEN DEF_TAB_
    • --- ------ -------- RETENTION BIG
  • --- TEMP 32768 1048576 1048576 1 0 1048576 *ONLINE* TEMPORARY NOLOGGING NO *LOCAL * UNIFORM NO MANUAL DISABLED NOT APPLY NO

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 05 2010 - 04:26:38 CDT

Original text of this message