emdwgrd error on cloned database

From: Schauss, Peter (IT Solutions) <"Schauss,>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:49:57 -0500

I am doing a dry run on an upgrade from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.1 on AIX 5.3. Since I do not have the luxury of a separate server for testing, I installed 11.2.0.1 in a new ORACLE_HOME on the production server. I cloned the production database from a cold backup plus the output from "backup controlfile to trace". Right now I have the clone running under 10.2.0.4.

Running dbua against the clone gave me a warning that I needed to backup the Enterprise Manager repository, so following the instructions in the manual I ran

emdwgrd -save -sid <clone sid> -path <save_directory>

I got the following error:

Thu Nov 4 13:39:49 2010 - Verify EM DB Control files ... cannot find emd.properties ... failed
Error: DB Control location not found.

I gather that I somehow need to clone some files or data structures to make Enterprise Manager work with the cloned sid, but I have not been able to find any documentation for this on Oracle Support. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss