Backport of Email notifications for DBMS_SCHEDULER_JOBS in 11gR1

From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:25:25 +0530

Hello All,

Recently I've requested the list to suggest me possible options for job scheduling and as per the recommendations by peers , I was able to configure Job Chains successfully and it worked really well. Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Now I would like to configure EMAIL notifications from DBMS_SCHEDULER when state of a JOB changes. This is a built-in feature in 11gR2 as part of standard DBMS_SCHEDULER package. But it seems this is not available in 11gR1 .

My requirement is to get alerts when a job completes success and/or failure. Do we have any built-in feature for this? Or do we have any best practice for achieving this requirement. Or any other workaround that could help me here?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ravi.M