avoid dynamic SQL

From: amonte <ax.mount_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:42:25 +0200

Hi all

I have some problem with some dynamic sql generated by a package, it is causing ORA-4031 and I have to reboot the instance to get rid of the problem.

The code does something like

for i in (... cursor ...)
loop
select formula
into vFormula
from calculators
where .......
execute immediate 'BEGIN :EXITCODE:='||vFormula||'; END;'; end loop;

vFormula contains mathematical formulas

The cursor returns around 30000 rows and this is hammering the shared pool 30000 times!

I dont see how can I avoid this dynamic SQL without doing some major changes (how the formulas are stored for example) and wonder if anyone have some idea.

TIA Alex