Re: Oracle8i to 10g upgrade using exp and imp

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 02:14:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

Maureen thanks i will investigate this

regards
hrishy

From: Maureen English <sxmte_at_email.alaska.edu> Subject: Re: Oracle8i to 10g upgrade using exp and imp To: Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com
Cc: hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk, oracle-l_at_freelists.org, Herald.ten.Dam_at_superconsult.nl Date: Thursday, 25 June, 2009, 5:13 PM

We've just done a few upgrades of 8i databases to 10g using exp/imp. The only comment I'd add is that you need to run catupgrd.sql in the 10g database after the import. Running catupgrd.sql overwrites any 8i catalog package, procedure, function differences introduced by the import, insuring installed options have been migrated to the current version.

  • Maureen