Re: Calculating impact of indexes for DML

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:29:39 -0400

Thanks Flado,
Yes we are doing some of what you have mentioned, but my question was more on the measurement side. e.g. using 10046 trace one can measure lios etc ... can one also estimate/gauge impact of existing indexes? I am asking this because in some cases we use exchange partition to load from staging to DW, so indexes will be important.

TIA
Raj

--
-----