Re: Any comments on database/file system storage options?

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:35:00 -0400

Gfs is a *much* heavier filesystem, and requires interaction with the physical hardware for node fencing. So you either need a supported San switch/storage array or a supported ilo card or you have to write your own fencing module.

Gfs scales much larger than ocfs2 for the same reason (up to hundreds ofnodes in one filesystem), but it's overkill for a rac cluster. Plus, oracle writes ocfs2, so if you run into a bug oracle will fix it - with gfs you'll need to fight red hat.

Matt