RE: migrate database 10.1 on HP-UX to 10.2 on AIX

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:09:44 -0400

Did that exactly about a year ago. Transportable database is the best option. Start out either upgrading the database to 10.2 on HP and then move it to AIX (this is the method I used) or move to AIX 10.1 and then migrate upwards. Look in the rman manual ( Database Backup and Recovery Reference) under convert. Note with a database that big you might be better off converting datafiles than the entire database at one time. It allows you to parallel the activity through two sessions of rman.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International