Re: passwords in different instances

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:22:57 -0400

that should work as a full import does a alter user username identified by values, and I have taken the hex value passed thru a password cracker and found a password that with the exact same hex value on a different db and it worked.

all this is 10g and below, 11g is a different animal with case sensitive password and the such.

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
<genegurevich_at_discover.com>
To:
oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date:
06/17/2009 06:21 PM
Subject:
passwords in different instances
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Hello:

If I have two users existing in two separate databases (10.2.0.3) and these
users have the same value in the password column of the dba_users view, does this mean that they have the same passwords?

In other words. if I enter the following command:

alter user USER1 identified by values 'XXXXXXX'

where XXXXXX = select password from dba_users where username = 'USER2'

will the USER1 and USER2 have the same passwords?

thank you

Gene Gurevich