RE: sga

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:04:55 -0400

Ok, my eyesight must be going because it is the library cache get hit ratio not library cache hit ratio. Do I look at something else?

ciao,
Brian

From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:30 AM
To: Mathias Magnusson
Cc: Zelli, Brian; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: sga

If the issue is lack of bind variables (too much dynamic sql), you can think about setting cursor_sharing=force, that solution has other problems however.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson_at_gmail.com<mailto:mathias.magnusson_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Do you know that it causes a problem? What is your key wait event that this will address and how much do you spend waiting for it? Where do you find this ratio recommendation?

Mathias

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com<mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Well, adding memory is an option. You should also look at your code. If you are not using bind variables, that can also cause the problem, and it is almost impossible to fix that problem just by adding memory.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: Ok, so I have my sga tuned by the advisor in 10g but I have a library cache hit ratio constantly below the recommended threshold of 90%. How the heck do I tune it? Do I just increase the sga_target?

ciao,

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--

Andrew W. Kerber

Andrew W. Kerber

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jun 12 2009 - 09:04:55 CDT

Original text of this message