RE: transportable tablespaces on a SAN

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 10:07:08 -0400

Plus you'll need a CFS or use raw devices if you want to have multiple hosts accessing the same physical filesystem/disk devices.

Matt

--

Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Day Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:37 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: transportable tablespaces on a SAN

I have two databases, both using the same SAN for their datafiles. Assuming that they can both see the same logical drives, can I transport a tablespace back and forth by just do the metadata exp/imp?

What I'm hoping is that I don't have to copy the datafiles.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jun 06 2009 - 09:07:08 CDT

Original text of this message