RE: what package/procedure did SQL come from?

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 04:56:54 -0400

Just noticed, looks like the MetaLink script was lifted from Steve's library. I could be wrong, but, it has the same set of hints, in the same order, line breaks are in the same place, table aliases are identical. The only differences are: copyright notice stripped, one column format is reduced in size, and the references to the x_$ views that Steve uses on all his stuff is replaced with the actual x$ table names.

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bobak, Mark [Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:30
To: Tanel Poder; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: what package/procedure did SQL come from?

The amusing part is how I first learned of this X$.....

Years ago, in the days of 8i, I think, I found a script on MetaLink that would provide the name of the stored PL/SQL object, given a SQL statement. But, the script itself was wrapped PL/SQL. The ironic part was, the string 'X$KGLRD' was visible, even in the wrapped source. :-)

Once I noticed that, it didn't take too long for me to experiment a bit and figure out how to directly use this X$, so I no longer needed the wrapped PL/SQL. :-) So, in this case, at least, wrapping wasn't very effective... :-)

-Mark

P.S. FYI, I just did a MetaLink search on x$kglrd, and got a couple of hits on a script that shows an example of how to join to x$kglob and x$kglcursor.