RE: ASM over SLVM

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:39:04 -0800

You've bought some expensive stuff, I should think HP owes you some answers
on this. Since ASM is just a block bucket, people are just now (after people like
me have been poiting this out since the release of 10g) finding that they
need a multipath I/O solution to complement ASM. I do not know HP layers products well enough to say, but it seems logical to me that Secure path is
where MPIO is implemented but needs LVM on top to complement. Like I said, I'm only taking an educated guess.