10gR2 Upgrade .. Watch out

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:00:49 UT

 In an earlier posting , Juan Carlos had mentioned about having problem with "union all"; We encountered the following after upgrading to 10gR2. Thought i will share this with the list.

1. Group by was not doing the sort in the default order where as 9.2.0.6 / 9i Rel2 was doing so
2. Same problem with SELECT DISTINCT / SELECT UNIQUE
3. And Recently

SELECT name, SUM(basic) total FROM TEST WHERE basic=20 GROUP BY name ORDER BY 2 DESC did not work; If you use SELECT name, SUM(basic) total FROM TEST WHERE basic BETWEEN 20 AND 20 GROUP BY name ORDER BY 2 DESC then it works!!! Patch number is 5415881.
Please double confirm with your db release by writing simple SQL queries prior to proceeding. Some of our reports / queries were producing "different" results after move to 10gRel2. Also check your UNION/UNIONALL queries. HTH
GovindanK
Certified DBA
Learning Stops at ... Infinity