RE: Use of Multiple BLOCK Sizes ?

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:08:21 -0800

 >>>in pulling the neck cord on the talking doll with the

>>>pre-selected recording: "Multiple block sizes are not intended for
>>>performance.")

...don't tell anyone who has done an audited Oracle TPC-C that :-) I have seen multiple blocks put to very good use at production sites as well, but those sites shared the extremely rare similarity to TPC-C. Extremely random, highly modified small rows belong in the smallest block possible and in a recy pool at that. Like I say, sometimes man bites dog :-)