Re: restrict user login to database?

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:09:40 -0600

Can you remove the CONNECT privilege from those users? Can you assign the CONNECT privilege based on roles, and then revoke it from something like an APP_USER role? (I'm not sure if you can assign CONNECT to roles or just users).

You could only allow connections to the listener from certain hosts as well, but that wouldn't prevent local logins.

Don.