Re: pl/sql to be desupported in favour of java? (not!)

From: Alaxsxaq <alaxsxaq_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:51:19 -0500

On 12/15/06, Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com> wrote:

> Until "someone" has a name, and unless that name is Larry Ellison, you can
> be pretty sure the root of the rumor is a competitor of Oracle attempting to
> create fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Well, when Oracle first put Java in the database, I remember clearly words to the effect that Java would replace PL/SQL coming out of Larry Ellison's mouth. I believe it was during Oracle OpenWorld - I can't remember the last year, but I recall it being in Los Angeles. There was some controversy about Ellison's statements back then and I think it was Ray Lane who quickly assured everyone that Java was not seen as a replacement for PL/SQL.

--Glenn