RE: How can I get information about space within a cluster

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:51:01 -0500

hmm, well brute force you can get the table size data from the cluster by summing the vsizes of the columns of each row and grouping by the row block address if you want to see the block by block detail. That doesn’t properly account for individual rows spanning multiple blocks or out of band objects at the block level, but all y’all probably shouldn’t be messing with multiple table clusters including out of band objects anyway and simultaneously asking this question. Then again, you mentioned they are from an application not your design.

If you further sum up all the tables that are components of the cluster you can get the occupied space in each block (and therefore the free space if you know the block size and the overhead for your specific release and implementation).

You can skip the grouping by rba if you just want to know the occupied size per table of the cluster.

It’s a bit tedious, but if you want it you can get it (within the noted exceptions).

I haven’t tested what compute statistics does with table statistics that are members of clusters in too long to remember whether the result squares with the sum of sizing the details. In fact I *think* the last time I tried the stat collection blew up and I haven’t bothered since then.

Regards,

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
[mailto: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org