10g Agent Registration Password - Senior moment too.

From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:55:14 -0600

OMS: Dual processor Xenon box running RHEL4 & 10gR2 Grid Control

    (only thing running on this server)

Client: HPUX B.11.11 U 9000/800
DB's: 2 - 9iR2 instances

         1 - 10gR2 instance (yet to be created)

I'm trying to install the 10g agent on this machine so that the 10g instance I create can be part of the grid and the 9i instances will show up in the grid control also.

I installed the OMS eons ago and have completely forgot what I entered for the Agent Registration Password. We've done any number of pw changes and since this is a dba test server I'm sure no one bothered to change this.

So... Does anyone know

  1. If the Agent Registration Password is stored in a text file or the db?
  2. Is it human readable?
  3. If neither 1 or 2, How do you reset this critter to a new value without knowing the original value?

Yes, been/still searching Metalink.