RE: rman incremental merge

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:38:47 -0500

This sounds great. So I turned this on for my one test 10.2 database. Some process comes along and gzips the backup file. So the next Rman backup cannot update the file with the next increment. I twice went back and unzipped the file. A new backup ran fine. But the files got gzipped again.

I turned the damn thing off until I have more time to read about it. Obviously I missed something, and this is a test database.

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.