RE: rman incremental merge

From: Steiner, Randy <Randy.Steiner_at_nyct.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:14:39 -0500

I don't understand why I would want to backup the archived logs after I have the incremental.
I believe that with or without the archived logs I can not restore to a point in time prior to the last date I merged the last incremental.

My guess is that I want to keep the archived logs on disk until the incremental is complete and then delete the archived logs without backing them up, as the incremental replaces the need for them. Yes/no?