Re: OT: Windows to Linux GUI

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:32:08 +0100

In addition to the suggestions for Cygwin and TightVNC:

Sounds like a good excuse to load up a spare PC with the linux of your choice.

Or use a VMWare session to run linux.

Either can be used to run the Oracle installer.

>From the Xserver machine ( your linux PC )
use xhost to allow an X connection from the Oracle box. Assuming the Oracle box is frodo

$> xhost frodo.

use telnet or ssh to logon to the target machine.

set the DISPLAY to the Xserver (your PC - assume it is bilbo ) $> set DISPLAY=bilbo:0.0; export DISPLAY

$>xclock

If xclock worked, runInstaller should work.

This may be somewhat simpler if you use VNC.

HTH. Jared

--
Jared Still