Moving database from HP to IBM-AIX

From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:41:00 -0400

Hi,

We need to move 2 TB data warehouse on Oracle 9.2 HP to Oracle 9.2 database on AIX. These operating systems has opposite endian. Down time should be less than 24 hrs.

Please let me know what will be faster and optimum way to do this. I am thinking of sqlloader as the fastest way to go. Are there any better alternative?

If you have undergone such exercise please share your lesson learnt.

Regards

Sandeep