RE: Is this Needed?

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:45:03 +0000

I guess I should have started off with, 'if they dont want you to do it and you are not responsible for it, don't worry about it'.

This is the kind of thing that sounded like off hours work at say 10 PM on Friday night and they want the DBA to do it. If that is the case, then raise a stink about it.

one other point and this isn't geared at Donald. Just because someone is a contractor does not mean they don't know what they are doing. I have worked with some excellent contractors. I work with some very good ones right now(though since I dont want to boost their ego, I would deny it if asked).

I'm not going to make a stink about this. Its expected to take about two hours and it's not my system. However, if the technical team lead should suggest that *I* do this in order to improve my performance then I'll have a few things to say. The politics of the situation are that I generally respect the other DBA's skills. He (a contract DBA) knows a lot, and has many more years Oracle experience than me But doesn't generally feel obligated to explain what/or why he is doing things. He doesn't work for me, nor does the technical team lead (another contractor).
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 12:47:13 CDT