RE: DATAFILE??

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:56:11 -0400

Steven,

Yes are right...I do agree and that is why I participate.

I was speaking more literally...meaning while "participating" in the list I may not be doing "x" with one of my database. It was meant in a "time management" perspective and for the "all about me" perspective.

I to have told my clients/boss "I'm stumped, let me through this out to the (oracle) list" and they are grateful as am I. This list and specific individuals directly resolved a serious *sporadic* performance issue for me (stats, histograms, cursor_sharing, bind variable peaking) a while after a co-DBA change the stats gathering method after reading an article on the internet. (byt this also lead to another error that was resolved via Metalink doc and sys table update...ugly).

This list have been good to me for sure.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA