RE: Error during Oracle9iR2 Installation on RH Linux

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:18:49 +0100

Conveniently enough, I had the certify information open this morning as I am doing an install and knew there were problems

See below

John

Operating System: Linux (x86) Version Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES 3 Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition Version 9.2 N/A Version N/A
Product Version Note:
None available for this product.
Certification Note:
Existing patch sets:

     9.2.0.2
     9.2.0.3
     9.2.0.4
     9.2.0.5
     9.2.0.6
     9.2.0.7
*	The following requirements are needed for a successful
installation of Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.1) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
*	1. Software:
o	Linux kernel version would be 2.4.21-4.EL
o	Glibc Version Number glibc 2.3.2-95.3
o	Required OS Components

- compat-db-4.0.14.5
- compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122
- compat-gcc-c++-7.3-2.96.122

o hostname command should return the fully qualified hostname as shown below:
- % hostname