Re: autotrace issue

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:01:12 -0600

With "method_opt => 'FOR ALL COLUMNS SIZE AUTO'" you get histograms on all columns that have been used in predicates. That will explain why you get different plans for different predicate values. Try to NOT collect a histogram for that column and see what plan you get. If the cardinality is not high enough for the optimizer to use an index access - and you KNOW that an index access is the way to go always - then raise the cardinality until the optimizer does use the index.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation