Re: imp.exe full=y imports SYSTEM's objects, violates constraints...

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:31:32 +0200

Why do not simply leave the same structure in place, stop the original database, copy the files over to the new server, create a service and then upgrade it in the server?

Another approach, which I works on now, is to do tablespaces export/import. Move all the user data and indexes to standalone tablespaces and then you can copy the tablespaces to any place on the new server and import them.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel